Live Free Golf Tour will be basically played under standard USGA rules with slight deviations in order to level the playing field and keep our groups moving
- All contestants will be playing from the same designated tees, unless otherwise agreed upon prior to the tournament. Women will play from the designated womens tee
- Players have the option of walking or riding. (Subject to change per course agreement)
- All players and scores will be based of the handicap provided to them.
- It is Preferred that all members have an active GHIN handicap. However it is not mandatory and handicaps can be assigned prior to tournament on past results.
- OB, Lost ball rules are as follows LOST/OB ball, Find point where ball entered the woods, take a straight line to edge of fairway, and you get 2 club lengths > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY2QNyFaqNs < Red/Yellow stake, If you can not play the ball, you may take relief and it will be a 1 stroke penalty. See drop options here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Puxb51tenM < If the area is not clearly marked/staked, please play as a Red Staked hazard.
- We ask that all groups keep 1 official, and 1 or 2 non official scorecards and confirm they all match.
- Participants will have 2 minutes to look for a ball that is in a wooded area. While he is looking for his ball other players should play their next shot. If all other players hit and you have still not located your ball you must drop. (please do your best to have an identifying mark on the ball or at least let your opponent know what ball you are playing throughout the round)
- If any tee shot deemed to be in play by all 3 other contestants but is not able to be found you may drop a ball in the area agreed upon by other players without penalty and continue.
- The ball will can be played “up” while in the fairway, can not move the ball any more then 6″ and no closer to the hole. First cut, and rough must be played as it lies.
- A ball with excessive mud and in play may be cleaned off.
- Any stroke that is made with the intent of hitting the ball will be counted.
- If a ball is in a wet area, or any kind of ground that is not similar to the area around it. You may get relief and drop in a similar grounded area.
- On a cart path you may ALWAYS get relief on the preferred side.
- A ball deemed to be in a footprint or any kind of unraked area may get relief in a bunker.
- Max score on any hole for any player is 5 over par 3=8, 4=9. 5=10
- Any player found to be cheating will have his integrity questioned and be shamed by the rest of the tour.
(We all want to win, but lets make sure this is fun and fair)
- Common sense rule: Just use common sense when any situation arises. please try to have 2 other playing partners agree with a ruling and move on.
- All gps, phones, rangefinders, or anything you want to use may be used to help gain information.
- Every hole must be putted out to completion.